Putting Your Brand in Demand: Content Marketing and Branding
In her Rock Digital Conference presentation, Laura Armbruster offered several proven tips and tactics to ensure you are creating demand for your brand. Laura focused on how to go from creation to conversion while still putting your brand voice in alignment with the needs and desires of your target audience.
What Creates Brand Demand?
People buy from brands that they know, like and trust. They will know you better with consistent blogging and social media. You don’t have to be on every social media site, but you do need to show up where your target audience hangs out.
Fine-tune your demand engine; and keep focused on your target audience. Everyone is not your audience so don’t try to be all things to everyone. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you will lose money if you are not targeting everyone.
The Conversion Process
Get their attention with content such as blog posts and social media that will:
- Provide value and real benefits
- Address their needs and desires
- Alleviate a pain point
Beyond the Like Button
Many marketers spend time collecting likes and followers on social media sites. However, those likes and followers do not always equate to sales in your business.
Go beyond the “Like” button by being consistent and reliable. Provide regular blog posts, social media updates and other content.
When you create content, it should be directed at your audience’s subconscious desires.
- Do you fully understand the needs of your target audience?
- Does this content meet those needs?
- Do you know what motivates them?
You can get the answers to these questions by asking your customers via surveys.
- Remember to Analyze the results of your content marketing efforts.
- Create demand by being consistent with your content and engagement.
- Keep the sales pipeline filled by using lead generation tools.