Give New Life To Your Business: Create Marketing Buzz
We frequently hear the terms buzz, word-of-mouth and viral marketing. By definition, Buzz marketing is a viral marketing technique focused on maximizing the word-of-mouth potential of a particular campaign or product, whether through conversations among consumers, family and friends or larger scale discussions on social media platforms. In effect, buzz marketing, or buzz, is an approach used to reach a broad audience in a short period of time.
Once you have buzz, the challenge for any business owner becomes how to sustain it for both online and offline marketing. Whether your business is a start-up or has been around for a while, it’s important to have well thought out branding, marketing and media plans in place that capitalize on the power of viral and word-of-mouth marketing to keep the buzz alive and prospective buyers coming back for more.
When you first launched your business, remember all the energy, activity and excitement that surrounded your business? All of the hard work and long hours that went in to creating something special. Those were exciting times … the best of times. That was the buzz factor.
Is that excitement still there today in your business? Or has that bright, shiny new penny lost some of its luster? How do you get that luster back? How do you draw prospective buyers back to your brand, or if you’re just getting started, how do you create the “buzz” around your new business venture?
How To Create And Sustain The Buzz For Your Business
- Spread the Word. Use multiple platforms to communicate with your target audience and get the word out. You never know where they may be lurking.
- Find a Champion(s). The best way to create buzz about your business is through others. Start by turning your best customers into Brand Ambassadors.
- Conduct a Focus Group. Focus Groups are a great way to gain insight from consumers about your business, the industry and their buying preferences. It is also a great way to educate them about your business.
- Connect with Influencers. Within your industry, PR firms and media outlets, high profile social media experts, etc. and get them talking about you.
- Host an Event. Hosting/Sponsoring an event or contest is a great way to draw a crowd. Have a solid follow-up plan to build upon the event.
- Be Visible. Get out there and speak, write, conduct interviews, network and volunteer so people know you’re a real person, not an avatar.
- Stay Active on Social Media. Content is king! You want to educate and create the WOW factor that attracts a diverse audience to you.
In order to get that new business off to a fast start, new product or service launched, or put a brilliant shine back on your penny, do some experimenting. The above list should provide you with some ideas to consider to get the energy flowing again.
While it may start with a whisper, if you utilize viral and word-of-mouth marketing effectively, the buzz will grow louder and more expansive, enabling you to build a strong following and a profitable, sustainable business.
Have you been able to create “Buzz” around your business? What did you do to make it happen? Please share!