Facebook is continually changing the rules, and getting visibility with your Facebook friends is harder and harder. You need to constantly increase your top of mind awareness in order to get noticed online. And Facebook is an important part of your digital marketing strategy.
One way of achieving this is to follow the rule “Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto You,” meaning be a good Facebook friend, which encourages others to be a good friend to you.
Get to Know Your Facebook Friends
- Be open to new friendships
- Like and comment on the posts of new friends
- Post quick wall to wall messages to new friends
Be Open with Your Network
- Use transparency in the things you post
- Ask questions to get comments and feedback
- Respond to comments to continue the conversation
Nourish Facebook Friendships
- Send “How are you?” messages
- Make introductions among friends
- Share content with specific friends that relate to their niche
Facebook automatically defaults your Facebook newsfeed so that you are seeing the top stories, which consist of what Facebook determines is important to you. They do this same thing with your Facebook friends. If you want to stay top of mind you need to “be a good Facebook friend.”
If you follow the steps above and regularly connect with your Facebook network, it’s more likely the network will see more of your posts. Facebook’s algorithm decides your top stories partly based on how much you communicate with a particular friend and how much they communicate with you. Use your business attitude on Facebook.
What NOT To Do on Facebook
- Don’t tag your Facebook friends in random photos
- Don’t post sales pitches on your Facebook friends walls
- Don’t send friends bulk group messages
What other tips would you add to this list? Comment below what has been working for you and what has not been working.