These are notes taken at the DFW Rocks Social Media Day 2013 presentation by Kate Buck Jr. – Facebook Marketing Strategies for Guaranteed Success
Facebook is all about engagement. 70% of the people on Facebook are sharing photos. You need to make sure you are doing everything you can to engage with your audience.
There are several tools that you can use to be able to be successful at Facebook marketing
- Free online image: Photobucket.com, FotoFlexer.com, PicMonkey.com
- Shareasimage.com – Highlight any text to create an image
NON VISUAL STUFF
- The most engaging pages on FB rarely post text updates, but when they do…
- Do not post ‘neutral’ updates
- Beef up your text
- Fill in the ______
- Multiple choice
- Inspiring quotes
- Controversial statements (Ex: This ABSOLUTELY doesn’t work!)
START USING HASHTAGS NOW
Even though hashtags on Facebook are not completely developed yet, they will become more, and more important in the future. The hashtags will make the pieces of content in your FB stream become publicly available.
- Start now – it’s already too late
- Optimize images (title of image, filename, descriptions)
- Use keywords & your URL in descriptions
- Aperture for metadata
- UGC – Give users SOMETHING to take a picture of and let them tell your story for you
- Increased engagement leads to an increase in site visitors leads to an increase in prospects leads to an increase in customers
FACEBOOK SUCCESS STRATEGIES
You can contact Kate Buck Jr. at http://kbjonline.com.
QUESTIONS FROM THE AUDIENCE:
Q: Didn’t understand about using graphics
A: Just take an interesting graphic and put the caption.
Q: Does the link placement on Facebook work the same with Google+?
A: No, you don’t. On Google+ it needs to be in the description. But with Facebook, you want a link in your comments. That way you are not making it obvious that you are trying to lead people away from Facebook.