The Email Time Suck: Two Tools to Tame Your Email
There is plenty of email to go around and an overflowing email inbox is a frequent issue for everyone from solopreneurs, to CEOs and company employees. Using tools to tame your email is the only way to go.
Sidekick by Hubspot
The key thing I use Sidekick (formerly known as Signals) for is it allows me to see when someone has opened an email. Stop wondering if your prospective client received the email. You will be able to see if they opened the email. Great for knowing when to follow up!
Other notes about Sidekick:
- Works for Gmail, Outlook and Apple Mail (works in Chrome, but not Firefox)
- Free version that allows you 200 open notifications/month and a premium version ($10/mo).
The other email tool I use is called “rightinbox”. Because I am a “night owl” and frequently work odd hours, I was looking around for something that would allow me to schedule emails to send the next day.
Nifty things Rightinbox:
- Work at 2 am and schedule the email to send at 8AM (no more people wondering why your were awake at 2AM).
- Set up recurring emails. This is a great to remind people of reoccurring tasks, like their monthly guest blog on Rocks Digital.
- Follow up reminders. Handy to prompt you to finish something without digging through my inbox for your To Do!
- Free version and premium ($5.95/mo.)
With a little vigilance and great tools like Sidekick and Rightinbox, you can tame your email and have more time for a digital break.
What is your favorite email management tips and tricks? Comment below.