Marketing Tips to Achieve Success
Start with a plan – We write business and marketing plans, but boil it down and refocus. Put a revenue model together, figure out how to get there. Sales is no good without marketing.
Put together a Marketing calendar. Decide what you want to do that is marketing related (holidays, speaking, etc.)
- Spend 15 minutes a week on LinkedIn building your connections. You have to be a connector and build relationships. Be known for helping people get what they want, and others will help you get what you want.
- People know you do something, but not exactly what you do. Do a “Warm Letter,” write a letter to companies, individuals, saying what you do, what clients you’re looking for, and offer a phone call. Whenever something in your business changes, people want to help you, but they need to know how they can help.
- Know everything about your competition and how you stand out. Even though we always have a roller coaster journey with business, have something that is always consistent.
- Consider redoing your website. Refresh it and add to it constantly. Re-brand if necessary.
- Be awesome at what you do.
- Get testimonials on your website, or a recommendation on LinkedIn.
- Optimize your high resolution images and large files.
- Video testimonials. Gather them as soon as clients start working with you and loving your services.
- Write a book. It’s a great marketing tool.
- Be a guest on someone’s podcast or radio show, or start your own. Give the illusion of being everywhere, and use different mediums to get seen in different forms.
- Write articles for local magazines or trade journals. Re-purpose other articles you have.
- Write better headlines for your newsletters, blog posts, etc. Use coschedule.com/Headline-Analyzer. Take the original name, and change it 25 times.
- Have a call to action on your voice message, email, on everything.
- Curate other peoples’ content.
- Pick up the phone. Call people without an agenda, and build a relationship.
- USPS Every-Door Direct – Get bulk mailing rates without having to be a large company.
- Have a sale or a party for your best clients.
- Accountability partners. Get a partner to hold you accountable and help you when you
- Birthday cards, holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, off holidays like Groundhog Day, etc.) cards, thank you cards, even to people who don’t buy from you.
- Get a branded name tag.
- Local networking. Go to events, network, look for people who are near you who need you. You can keep a business with the people.
- Do marketing every single day – 30 minutes to an hour a day.
Get the full 44 marketing facts for free: Rocks.UncommonSenseMarketing.com