Springboard Your Mobile Marketing Strategy from 9 Must-Know Stats and 10 Campaign-Boosting To-Do’s
Our mobile devices are uniquely personal because we check them hundreds of times a day, and in 2018, it seems natural to be well-connected to everything online. Just why a business would need a mobile marketing strategy might be obvious! But in case you wonder, it’s because the world has been trained to “be smart.” Businesses joining this sweeping way of life need to use an effective mobile marketing strategy to stay profitable.
We believe in helping clients incorporate a mobile marketing strategy that keeps their referrals and their business going strong. If you don’t yet know how immersed in mobile marketing the world is, let’s look at a few facts. It will be a real eye-opener for your business.
Billions of Mobile Devices Demand a Mobile Marketing Strategy
According to Singularity Hub, in 2014 there were 7.2 billion mobile devices in the hands of people on earth. That’s a mind-boggling figure. Today, the vast majority of Americans – 95% – now own a cellphone of some kind. The share of Americans owning smartphones is now 77%. Need more confirmation that your business needs an effective mobile strategy? Cisco reports that in 2016, global mobile data traffic grew 63%. This statistic simply confirms that people love to stay connected around the world, and today, those numbers are even higher.
9 Must-Know Stats to Springboard Your Mobile Marketing Strategy
In late 2015, Google confirmed that for the first time more mobile searches were conducted than desktop searches. That’s why we’ve been emphasizing the importance of mobile responsiveness to our clients for years. Now, with more than half of all internet traffic coming from mobile devices, it is extremely important to make sure your website is primed and optimized for mobile viewing.
1. More than 40% of the World’s Population Accesses the Internet Using Mobile Devices Every Day
If you’re a marketer who still thinks of mobile as a novel or unique way to stay connected, you need to realize that train has already left the station. Our world today is very MOBILE and very SOCIAL. Just how pervasively have mobile devices found their way into our lives? Today at least 75% of Americans head to the bathroom with their mobile phone in hand. Is mobile an obsession or what?
2. 4 Out of 5 Consumers Shop Using a Smartphone
4 years ago, comScore revealed that over the course of a year, 4 out of every 5 consumers used a smartphone to access retail content on their device, which at that time represented 85.9 million U.S. users. Today, 125 million U.S. consumers have smartphones, and 62% of smartphone users have made a purchase online using their mobile device in the last 6 months.
3. Within 60 Minutes of a Mobile Search, 70% of Searches Lead to Online Action
Mobile searchers are looking for immediate gratification. If your business gives it to them, you will be in the mix of sellers satisfying a mobile searcher’s desires within 60 minutes of being discovered online. Are you ready for that type of success?
4. 75% of Americans Use a Mobile Device Doing Online Research while Physically Browsing in the Store Itself
A new study from In Reality reveals that 75% of shoppers admit to using their mobile device while shopping in the aisles of a store.
5. 80% of Internet Users Do Online Searches Using a Smartphone
6. An Eye-Popping 93% of People Who Do Mobile Research Make a Purchase
We are certainly into buying goods and services. With phonebooks going the way of the dinosaur, is there any reason your commercial enterprise shouldn’t be mobile reachable?
7. Twitter Enjoys about 86% Ad Revenue from Mobile Use
Though LinkedIn is ahead of Twitter in non-U.S. revenues, Twitter’s ad revenue from mobile is about 86%. With statistics like these, it’s logical to make sure your ads can be seen on mobile devices.
8. Want to catch that consumer first thing in the morning? Today over 50% of Smartphone Users grab their phone as soon as they wake up.
And the younger you are, the more likely you’ll be to make your first move a grab for the cellphone. 80% of those aged 18–44 check their smartphone! With so many millennials living the mobile life, doesn’t it make sense for you to be part of their day by using mobile outreach?
9. 40% of YouTube Views Are via a Mobile Device
Google shares this very interesting statistic: 40% of people viewing YouTube videos are doing it using a mobile device. People love to be educated, informed, and entertained using video. Key takeaway: There’s no need to wonder about the benefits of video marketing for business. It’s definitely worth it.
Here’s the Amazing Mobile Marketing Statistics Infographic
10 Mobile Marketing Strategy Tips for Every Business
If you’re a small-to-medium-to-any-size business, here’s some tips on how to effectively target your marketing campaigns to mobile device users:
- Make your site mobile-responsive. If it’s not mobile-responsive, users are 5 TIMES more likely to leave your site for one that is mobile-responsive, so make sure that site loads fast!
- Get listed on Google maps. 86% of mobile users look up a businesses location on Google maps. Location data accuracy is improving, and you should reap the benefits.
- If you can afford to create a useful, valuable app for your company – make the investment.
- Make sure the user experience is not just optimized – make it a priority. Today we are seeing that as a distinct advantage.
- If you’re a retailer, invest in Beacons and RFID tags to track and understand consumer buying patterns.
- While it’s important to create mobile specials with a clear call to action, also understand that as many as 85% of online shoppers start a purchase on one device and finish on another, according to Google.
- Integrating loyalty and rewards into your mobile strategy with mobile payments works like magic.
- Capitalize on the use of social media on mobile devices.
- Don’t forget Text Message Marketing. Mobile engagement platforms can offer text message marketing, CRM services, and analytics tools. Also offer SMS discounts and deals.
- Mobile professionals will actively employ a balance of quantitative and qualitative data to keep pace with user expectations.
A Mobile Marketing Strategy is a Necessity in 2018 and Beyond
As revealed by the powerful statistics above, mobile is on top and continues to gain momentum, and it’s not going to slow down anytime soon. A mobile marketing strategy is not a luxury, but a necessity. In 2018, mobile marketing can introduce your services and products to a wider, untapped audience. Look at mobile marketing solutions as a great way to engage with customers on a more personal level. Use the 10 tips we presented to get started, and optimize your mobile strategy today!
Still think your biz can bypass a mobile marketing strategy, or are you all-in for mobile? Share your mobile strategy experiences in the comments!