New Year’s Resolutions For The Busy Business Owner
Since I know how busy you were in December with both business and personal obligations pulling at your attention, you probably didn’t have time to write your list of New Year Resolutions, so I have written them for you. Now you have one less thing to worry about. Cut, paste and print!
7 New Year’s Resolutions That Will Keep You Productive
- To back up your data (preferably to the cloud AND to an external hard drive or other “not-on-my-computer” location). And to schedule regular backups in the New Year.
- To turn off email notifications. Your inbox is not the boss of you, it works FOR you. In spite of what we’re all conditioned to do, immediately responding to emails breaks your concentration and destroys productivity.
- To turn off the news and log out of social media from time-to-time. Staying informed is good. Being constantly bombarded by negativity is not good. Especially since this will be a major election year, save your sanity and unplug now and then.
- To actually take periodic breaks. Get up and stretch. Walk around. You need a mental (and physical) break. It will help increase productivity.
- To inventory the people and environments in your life and, as much as is possible, purge the negative. If you can’t outright purge these people and situations from your life (because of business or social obligations), limit your interactions.
- To plan your social media, get help with it if needed, delegate if possible. In spite of your feelings to the contrary, you DO actually have the time for this and need to do it.
- To get better organized. Put appointments on the calendar and schedule time for planning (and actually make planning time a PRIORITY).
Nothing on this list is too big or impossible. I didn’t hire you a personal trainer or make you promise to give up going to happy hour! By the way, click each link above and you will learn more about each resolution.
Here is to a happy and productive New Year! Leave a comment and let me know what New Year’s Resolutions you made