Ready to Make More Money? It’s Time to Outsource Your Mundane Business Tasks
We all want to make more money, right? Instead of spending your time completing the mundane tasks you don’t like; how about you outsource them to an expert and spend your time doing the tasks you are passionate about and actually make you more money.
Why Outsource the Mundane Business Tasks?
Consider the tasks you enjoy doing and you can complete them quickly and effectively. These are the things you should be doing.
Now, think about the tasks that you dislike and put off because you just don’t enjoy doing those. How much time do you spend dreading these tasks before you even get started? Let’s do a quick exercise.
- Most challenging for you to complete.
- Least favorite task(s).
- Take the most amount of time.
Are these tasks all related? Consider how much more productive you can be if you’re not forcing yourself to complete them. With these task(s) out of the way, you can now focus on what makes you profitable. This is how outsourcing helps your business make more money.
Finding the Right Person to Outsource the Mundane
Hopefully by now you have created your list of tasks you should outsource. Let’s face it, as entrepreneurs we tend to like to take control and keep it. For some, outsourcing is a difficult step because you have to entrust aspects of your business to someone else. The best way to overcome that fear is to trust the person or company you choose.
- Ask for referrals from colleagues that are currently outsourcing.
- Review their websites, especially the work completed for other clients and check out their online reviews.
- Communicate clearly with them your expectations and make sure they understand your needs.
Realistically, the first person you choose might not be the one you keep, but you have to start somewhere to build your list of expectations, needs and identify the tasks you definitely want to and can outsource.
Top Ten List of Things I have Outsourced So I Can Make More Money
- Creating a process and systems work flow to increase productivity.
- Tracking and managing projects and deliverables to ensure on-time completion.
- Setting up newsletter, e-zine and/or email blasts to targeted lists.
- Setting up squeeze or landing pages for online list building i.e. webinars, tele-classes.
- Creating and setting up auto-responders.
- Updating the website and managing blogging content.
- Posting upcoming events, teleseminars or workshops to multiple websites.
- Managing personal and business calendars for event and speaking engagements.
- Editing blog content, radio shows, podcasts or video.
- Creating sales presentations, designing live event order forms and other print materials.
Are there any tasks I have listed above that you are currently doing that you don’t like doing? Perhaps start by outsourcing some of those first or others that are not the strongest part of your skillset. These drain your energy and diminish enthusiasm.
Are you ready to be more productive in your business and make more money? It’s time to outsource. Let a subject matter expert use their skills and free yourself up to excel at using yours!
Have you tried outsourcing some of your tasks? I shared my list. Comment below and share yours.