Digital Marketing Nuggets of Wisdom
Rock Talks are delightful, quick talks that provide some great nuggets of wisdom in a fast-paced format. Since the talks were quick, I’m going to try and make my blog about them equally pithy.
The charming Elayna Fernandez was our first Rock Talker and she had a fairy-tale for us… or at least some ideas on how we can all live our “fairy-tale” life (Life IS A Fairy Tale© – 5 Principles To LIVE Your Magic Life).
- To live a different life – learn a new language – the language of POSITIVE THINKING!
- Instead of a to-do list, make a to-be list (hint: being a more positive person should be on your to-be list).
- To live a fairy-tale life you must have VISION – Cinderella envisioned a better life which helped her to know what she wanted.
You need to be prepared, have faith, believe in your vision, be diligent and have discipline. Those things plus positive thinking and a positive attitude will put you on the path to your very own fairy-tale life!
Now that we were all rocking our tiaras, Eve Mayer took the stage and talked about hyper-transparency and social care.
- Truth #1 – Companies are made of people, people aren’t perfect, so no company is going to be perfect and that’s ok.
- Truth #2 – The leading retail brands respond to direct questions in an average of 157 minutes, but the customer EXPECTATION is less than an hour.
- Truth #3 – You can’t force people to use a social media platform that they don’t like.
- Truth #4 – The internet never sleeps – social care needs to be 24/7.
Millennials (well, actually, it’s NOT just millennials – it applies to other demographics, as well)
- Lower tolerance for slow response times
- More tech savvy
- Don’t want to be ignored
If you can say to your clients ‘We are going to screw up, we’re not going to lie to you, we’re not going to hide it, we’re going to tell you and we’re going to fix it’ and really MEAN it, you’re on the right path. This is Eve’s company’s philosophy, should it be your company’s philosophy as well?
We stepped next into social selling with Patty Farmer who shared a killer quote right off the bat:
“The modern consumer is digitally driven, socially connected and mobile empowered” – Jill Rowley
- 74% of today’s B2B buyers conduct research online.
- By 2020 customers will manage 85% of their interactions with a company without interacting with a human.
- Social sellers realize a 66% quota attainment.
- Buyers who use social media have 84% larger budgets.
Social selling is about building relationships as part of the sales process – if relationships are the currency in today’s business environment, how fat is your wallet? Remember, the key is to SERVE not sell.
- Step 1 – Know your ABCs (Always Be Connecting).
- Step 2 – Know your audience.
- Step 3 – Provide relevant content and value consistently.
- Step 4 – Collaboration vs. competition.
- Step 5 – Create social offers.
The only difference between a contact and a contract is the “R” and the “R” is RELATIONSHIP!
By this point, I have to admit that my brain was pretty crammed full of things to think about, but along came Mark Traphagen to share t
On Site/Page Optimization
- Provide excellent, relevant content
- Provide expertise/authority/trust
- Great brand = superior products + awesome customer service + unexpected delight
- Connect people to what matters to them
And the Rock Talks wrapped up with Lance Bachmann talking about the NOW, the NEW, the NEXT in mobile.
90% of the time on mobile is spent on apps.
Search – 48% start on a search engine, 33% start on a branded website and 26% start in a branded app. So if you are only focused on optimizing for Google, you’re only appealing to half of consumer queries.
- Paid Advertising
- Online Marketing
- Integrated Campaigns
- Push Notifications
- Expanded Text Ads
- Promoted Pins – Google Maps
Where is mobile headed now?
- Wearable Devices
- Personally Predictive
- Voice Search
But what happens after that?
- Smart Clothing
- Modular Devices
- Mobile is here to stay.
- Utilize SEO, PPC & social to promote growth online.
- Grow with your audience as technology changes.
- Stay current with technology news to stay ahead of the curve.
Rock Talks are a lot like hitting “sample day” at your favorite store. You get a lot of little tidbits and find yourself stuffed (in this case with new things to think about, consider and implement).