ROCK with Google: Branding Strategies at #RocksDigital
Loren Baker, founder of Search Engine Journal, was our Keynote speaker this morning at the Rocks Digital Marketing Conference in Addison, Texas talking about Branding strategies.
A little about Loren
- 15 years of SEO, Paid Search, Social Strategy, Media Buying, WordPress Development & Content Publishing Experience
- Founded Search Engine Journal (SEJ) – 2003
- One of the 1st advertisers on Goto.com
- Switched to WordPress in 2004 when asked to Beta Test
- Blogging as a full-time job by 2005
SEJ started as a blog and is now a full scale media company with podcasts, video channels, ebooks and newsletters with a Community of 110k+ and Facebook Fans.
Things to think about with your Branding
Define Your Goals – Content Doesn’t Serve One Master
- Paid Media
- CMO/CEO – Execs love to see success
What is your project’s big picture?
- SEO Rankings
- Social Conversation & Brand Advocacy
- Lead Generation
- Sales and Conversion Collateral
People Process Information in Different Ways
- Blog Posts
You want to make sure that the information you’re putting out is worth sharing and targeted to your audience. It helps if you can you break it down into smaller parts to be distributed on different networks.
The On-Site Foundation
- Your on-site goals may be different than content syndication or lead generation
- Put it on a blog
- Once on-page source attracts links and value, equity an be routed
- Social Media has a shelf life
- Own your content!!
- If you’re putting out blog posts and sharing on social media, make sure it links back to your site
If you do infographics – use these sites to share them:
And put them on Social Media:
If you do Video – make sure you share here:
Don’t forget to share your content via your email list!
Loren also shared a Super Secret Case Study! Here’s what he shared:
**CAN’T TELL YOU…IT’S A SECRET** (But it was cool! You should have been here at the Rocks Digital Conference!)
To learn more about Loren Baker you can read his full bio on Rocks Digital.