Another Rocks Digital Marketing Conference has come and gone and now we have to take all that we’ve learned and put it to use in ‘the real world’. Oh wait… you missed the conference? Let me try to (as one of our presenters so eloquently put it) “snack-size” the conference for you.
Rocks Digital Summary 2016
If you want the micro-micro view or Rocks Digital wrap-up – this is it:
- Grow with your audience as technology changes – GROW OR DIE!
- Mobile is here to stay – LEARN TO WORK WITH IT!
- Utilize SEO, PPC, and SOCIAL to promote growth online – LEARN WHAT IT MEANS, PUT IT TO WORK!
- Stay current with technology news to stay ahead of the curve – KEEP ON TOP OF TECH!
Ok, so you want a LITTLE more in-depth coverage. I can do that:
- Put the customer at the center of your processes. Most organizations don’t really care about their customers, and it’s all about being customer-centered. Offer your clients helpful information, and be genuinely concerned and interested in them.
- Planning a website or working on your strategy? Remember ‘MOBILE FIRST’ – Mobile first means when designing a website, make the mobile version first.
- Have an app strategy – 44% of all digital media time is in a smartphone app. The number one installed app is Facebook, and 48% of those people consider it the most important app they have.
- The attention span of humans has been reduced to less than 8 seconds – so you need to be agile/speedy to capture attention and engage your audience because you can get so much information so quickly these days that if you lose someone’s attention, they’ll move on.
- You NEED to CREATE connections, not just collect them. Ask yourself how you are helping your network? Give to your network to help grow your network. Making personal connections is really key regardless of the platform. Go forth and connect. Create dialogue and create connections!
- Figuring out exactly who your ideal customer is helps you focus your marketing and social media efforts. When trying to determine what social media platform is the most important, it depends where your customers are. Knowing your ideal customer will help you determine which platform(s) to use. You can use Facebook’s Audience Insights to get some ideas about how your ideal customers are accessing content (desktop vs. mobile) and where they are spending their money.
- Get your Google My Business Listing. Why? Because it helps you connect with customers when they search on Google Maps. Google My Business works across devices – desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. And, getting your business on Google My Business is free!
- Does your traffic convert? All the traffic in the world is useless if it doesn’t convert. What’s the point of people seeing your content if they aren’t doing anything about it/with it? Organizations need to not think about SEO – Instead, speak to your target audience with content that is part of a comprehensive marketing plan. If you do this, the SEO largely takes care of itself because it become an integral part of your content.
- You need to be prepared, have faith, believe in your vision, be diligent and have discipline. Those things plus positive thinking and a positive attitude will put you on the path to your very own fairy-tale life!
Was there more information at the conference? ABSOLUTELY. This is just the Rocks Digital written summary. Don’t forget the photos! And I would encourage you to attend if you have the chance. You can learn quite a bit from reading the blogs, but the “live” experience makes it all unforgettable. I’m already looking forward to next year!