Eric Tung, keynote speaker, presented, “Social Content that Engages”, at #DFWRocks2014. A few highlights of his presentation are listed below.
Social Media is Social Content that Engages the Audience
There are many ways to make your content very engaging with your audience.
- Adding images, graphs, quotes and call-outs can really help to grab your viewers’ attention.
- Have a call to action – ex: Hubspot
They have several calls to action on their page where they give away e-books for people to be able to get free stuff from visiting their site.
Sharing A Link IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
You have to make sure that you get enough people sharing your link so that it gets shared across several different networks.
Create Multi-Channel Networks
Tweet more than once about something. Most of the time your audience comes from various time zones. Ex: Guy Kawasaki will tweet the same topic three different times in order to cover the different times that people will look at his tweets.
Use Your Blog Post in a Comment (in a non-spammy way) and Create Derivative Pieces
Have different links in your posts to send people back to various parts of your website to keep them engaged.
Add a Query String To Track Your Links
How do you build a large audience? HAVE SOMETHING WORTH TALKING ABOUT!!!
Social Networks Will Give More Visibility Based on Interaction
- In the near future your Facebook connections will not matter as much because soon you will get information from other social media sites that you visit.
- A couple of years ago Google only gave you the information from the big guys, but now you have much more local results.
- Eric saw some interesting things while on his trip to Austin, like towel animals and unusual food items. He took some pictures of it, and got several comments.
Visit Eric’s website, EricTung.com, to learn more about him.