These are notes taken at the DFW Rocks Social Media Day 2013 presentation given by David Leonnig
Why Do We Care About Social Media?
Because it impacts everything we do regardless of what we are doing.
Social Media Impacts…
- Your Lifestyle
- Your Business
- Your Products
- Your Brand
David’s wife gets tweets from Barack Obama. Barack Obama Knows, Twitter is the fastest growing thing out there.
What about Facebook?
- Daily active users have reached 665 million
- Monthly active users even more so
- Barack – 36 million likes
- Mitt – 11 million likes
- McCain – 872 thousand
Second largest search engine. It is where you have GOT TO BE if you want to do internet marketing.
- Six billion hours of videos are watched every month.
- Youtube has one billion unique monthly visitors.
The largest professional business network on the planet.
Top 10 Favorite LinkedIn Features:
- People Searching
- People You May Know
- Who’s Viewed You
- Company Information
- Home Page
- Who Knows Whom
- Status Updates
- Following Companies
- Introduction Function
76.9% – Research people and companies
68.6% – Reconnect with past business associates
49.7% – Build new networking relationships with influencers of potential customers
44.5% – Increase face to face networking effectiveness
27.9% – Generate identifiable business opportunities
Since 2005 so many social networks have come into existence.
It is coming up the internet marketing pipe.
Currently the most popular web blogging platform.
- 102 million monthly users.
- 10 million unique mobile devices on a monthly basis.
- At least 2 out of 3 daily meals are now eaten alone…while the person is online.
- Households who eat together often eat different meals according to taste preference.
- Way to connect with people through pictures
- Bill Cosby has died at least a dozen times online. Cartoon Network announced its death online.
- Paula Deen could have better handled her online info.
- Times have changed, to say the least.
Social Media, Blogging & Life
If you are not passionate about the subject – you won’t keep up with it.
Content is still king. Visual content has been and still is the most share content online.