How To Make the Most of Digital Marketing as an Entrepreneur
Our closing keynote for Day One of the Rocks Digital Conference was by Sinan Kanatsiz and Erik Leist. If you remember only one thing from this presentation, let it be this “Life isn’t just about conference rooms it’s about experiences.”
ONLY 8% OF BRANDS AND COMPANIES ARE VERY SATISFIED WITH THEIR MARKETING COMPANIES
Why? Because we’re not giving them what they want.
How to Build Trust and Get Results
What do they want? 67% said TRUST
Roadmap to win back trust:
- Stop telling clients what to do without telling them how to do it and why it will work
- Deliver results that return that make an impact
- Report results that matter
How do you deliver results that make an impact?
- Don’t build upper-funnel campaigns without a plan to bring them down-funnel
- Develop content but don’t do it without a strategy
- Don’t build a one-size-fits-all approach. Build a client-tailored solution.
- Don’t create plans with a ‘set it and forget it’ mentality
Remember to report results that matter – Don’t just report activity
- Demonstrate actual top-line revenue growth year-over-year
- Show increased unit volume velocity
- Proof of new customers
Technology Supercharges the Entrepreneur
Information has exploded 4 billion hours of YouTube videos are watched every month, 100 billion searches done every month, over 3 trillion URLs!
Explosion of people with access to the internet – Over 4 billion people with internet access.
Technology supercharges the entrepreneur – crowd-funding, how-to videos, innovators and influencers, start-ups, remote working.
The Influencer Roadmap
Establish a brand for your own personality -> Get verified -> Amplify yourself across all nodes available
- Relate to millennials, engage them and have them as part of your team
- Be consistent with your digital brand, marketing and communications
- Use engaging content both visually and contextually
How To Manage Your Online Reputation and Build Relationships
Public Relations 101 – We get one shot at our image
How to Stay Ahead as an Entrepreneur:
- Keep in mind that it’s impossible to predict what’s next – what’s coming will come.
- You have be flexible and you have to adapt fast!
- The cycle is going to continue, the next Facebook will keep coming. As the technology and trends change, you’ve gotta run with it and adapt FIRST.
It’s WHO you know, not WHAT you know…
- 99% of business development happens behind the scenes. You need to build trust with people, you need to build relationships. Trust is the key to success.
- Address people by their motivating factors. We all have weird sides to us that motivate us – yoga, travel, spirituality, religion, children, pets, etc. – talk to people about the things that motivate them – they trust you more when you’re interested in them and not what they can do for you.
- You must be aware of and use etiquette. Personal etiquette, Professional etiquette, knowledge of proper etiquette whilst dining, socializing and networking.
Entrepreneurs Must Take Risks
You MUST take risks! Remember:
- “High Risk is High Reward”
- You fail, you’ll learn
- Be responsible about your risks
- Think of the end result
- Risks in leadership
- Plan your risks
- The only way to instill change is by taking risks
The Secrets Every Entrepreneur Needs To Win in the Digital Age
- Develop a contact list
- Treat people the way you’d like to be treated
- Take advantage of helping others in need
- Carve a niche for yourself
- Don’t mix risk with ego when you start making money, timing is everything
- Polished resumes & portfolios are imperative
- Be mindful of what you eat, exercise, and Managing stress level
- 4 pillars of Success – Personal integrity, Coaches and Mentors, Family and Education
Internet Marketing Association (IMA)
If this information has helped you, you might consider joining the Internet Marketing Association (IMA):
- 1,000,000+ Professional Members
- 1,000 Global Business Partners
- 176 Countries Represented
- 10,000+ Conference Attendees
- 5 Premium Groups to Join
- 54% C-level Executives
- 23% Directors And Above
- 15% Managers
- 8% Other
- 100% Cool cats
I’m certainly convinced it would be valuable to me and internet marketing isn’t even the focus of my business. It’s been said that you are the sum of the five people you spend the most time with, why not up that sum?