Get Found By Getting your Business on Google My Business
Get Found on Google Search and Maps
Would you like to rank higher in search? Would you like to shorten the time-consuming location verification process for your small business? Justin Liles to the rescue! Justin stepped us through the process of getting the listing entered and verified at Rocks Digital 2016!
Google My Business Listing
- Helps you connect with customers when they search on Google Maps.
- Google My Business works across devices – desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Getting your business on Google My Business is free!
Step 1: Search For Your Business
Is your business info complete?
Step 2: Select Your Business or Add it
Step 3: Enter Your Business Details
Pro Tip : You can’t change your business name more than 3 times in a year in Google My Business
Do you work from home? Keep your residential address private. Check the box if your business serves customers at their locations. Then, set up a service area. Add the local area ZIP Codes that you serve in the ‘back end’ (yes, ALL OF THEM) – If you have multiple locations be sure you are not overlapping “territories”.
Step 4: Confirm Your Business
Step 5: Verify Your Business
- Make sure that your information is all entered before you verify because that “locks” the listing.
- Request a PIN – Your PIN should arrive in about a week. Click “Send Postcard”
- Click “Continue” to visit Google My Business
- Complete your business profile
- Click the pencil icons to edit and remember to save changes
Manage Business Photos – Filename should be primary keyword + city for your pictures
- You can access more tools from the dashboard.
- Use insights to see how people interact with your info on Google.
- You can read and respond to reviews.
- Be sure to share updates on Google +.
- You can advertise your business on Google.
- And, you can add managers to help.
With a little preparation, you can get your business listed and verified, which will help potential customers/clients find you more easily.