Writing quality content that is SEO friendly and gets search preference is only half the battle in today’s day and age of blogging content. You need to drive traffic to your blog and social media is one of the best ways to do that.
You need to remember when blogging that there are hundreds of posts created on a topic the same as yours or similar. Readers have many choices and the link that gets clicked is the one that is most appealing.
Driving Site Traffic from Social Media
- Get visual
- Write catchy tweets
- Ask a question & solve it in the social update
Getting Others Involved in Social Sharing
- Setup and use “Click to Tweet” in each blog post
- Private message select friends and ask to share
- Post in groups and communities on social media sites
Residual Site Traffic with Social Media Plugins
- Install “Revive Old Post”
- Evergreen post tweeter
- WordPress related post
Partner with Industry Websites
- Link to industry news on your website
- Share industry news on your social channels
- Curate industry content on your website (adding in your own summary of course)
Integrate Influencers into Your Blogging Strategy
- Create industry top influencers lists
- Interview influencers for your website (this could be a video, podcast, Q&A or influencer profile
- Link to influencers content in your blogging content
There is many more ways to drive site traffic to your blog. These are the 15 “must dos” that we employ on the Rocks Digital blog to drive site traffic.
Did you get any new ideas from this post? Have any additional items we should add to this list? Comment below.